Sunday, March 9, 2008

Ultimate Alliance: Double Date VS deck

For months I've been enthralled with this silly notion of a deck built around the Ultimate Alliance video game's team bonuses. My favorites are Marvel Royalty and Double Date, mostly because both allow Black Panther and Storm to be used together. In the next 2 weeks I have a Silver Age tournament to attend and I want to play something powerful but still themed and fun, and this is going to be my goal. Since I'll only be using 4 characters in play at a time, I'm going to rely on New and Improved to help keep my characters strong as well as some Equipment to help me get the most out of my resource points. Pier 4 will come in handy as well I suspect. Mandroid Armor and Ultimate Nullifier will also be involved. Those aside, the deck will be focused very heavily on combat. Mr. Fantastic and Sue are my only Fantastic 4 characters, while Panther is only Marvel Knights but Storm is on Morlocks and X-men. So teaming up will be important as well as a small variety of search cards. Enemy of my Enemy and Wild Ride and likely even Call in a Favor though Call might help my opponent too much for me to use it a lot. To Me My X-men will serve me very well I think and Fastball Special might be my saving grace on turns 6 and 7, since my only playable 7 drop is Sue.

My current thinking for the deck list looks like this so far:

Double Date:

4x Black Panther
2x Invisible Woman

4x Mr. Fantastic

2x Black Panther
4x Invisible Woman

4x Mr. Fantastic
2x Storm

4x Invisible Woman

3x Storm
1x Mr. Fantastic

1x Invisible Woman

3x New and Improved
2x Wild Ride
3x Neighborhood watch
3x Flying Kick
2x Enemy of my Enemy
3x Crackshot
2x Call in a Favor
4x Forcefield Projection
2x Fastball Special
2x To me my X-men

1x Ultimate Nullifier
1x Mandroid Armor
1x Fantasticar 2.0
1x Future Technology

61 cards. I'm going to look for a way to trim off that one last card. I'm building this tonight and testing it Monday at hobby league. I'll post Monday night and let ya'll know how it does.

1 comment:

RanmaSolo said...

Statistically the 1 extra card doesn't hurt your mulligan conditions or drawing percentages.

Jason Dawson was well know for always running 61 cards. Something I myself often adopt.

Food for thought.

-Mike