Sunday, March 16, 2008

Just another Manic ..Sunday?

So I've not gotten to do nearly enough with VS this week. My 'Padawans' (the younglings that I've taught to play VS since it's debut) want to come out and play either this weekend or this coming weekend, but my work schedule has me tied up instead. So I'm trying to convince them to come out the last weekend of the month instead. As younglings, still, they don't have unlimited access to cards, so I'm pretty much their supplier. That said, they don't go to tournaments ever, and just play for fun amongst themselves most of the time, so almost all of their decks are Golden Age. One of them was the first one to build a Puppet Master based deck. At least the first one we knew of, since he made it within a day or two of the game coming out. Most memorable to me because of my attacking my Bishop MOR in to his Puppet Master MOR and Puppet MAster stunning back Bishop, but not getting stunned, due to Avalon Space Station and an extra Puppet in hand. Ouch.

So I always enjoy playing games with my padawans. Our last meet up, my number one student took it to me like nobody's business, beating me with an end record of something like 12 to 3 or 4.

So I'm going to break out my Infinity Gauntlet deck on him this next time, and i'm going to fine tune my Nick Fury based "Furious" deck and we'll have another few rounds of fun.

Monday is the tournament at Games of Berkeley, Silver Age..yuck..but I'm playing Double Date, so I'll have fun I'm sure. I'll post more about how it went on Tuesday.

See ya'll in the funny papers!

No comments: