Monday, June 9, 2008

Sunday night truths

I'll start off by talking about how excited I am about tonight's event. It is a tournament using no rare frequency cards in any player's deck. Rares are frequently higher powered, or at least very specifically powered cards. Usually. On occassions, however, they are open and fair game instead of finely tuned. Tonight there won't be any in any player's deck, so it'll be interesting to see what others come up with.

I am playing a Batman cetric deck using the Gotham Knights team. The event is what they call Silver Age, which means that the cards to choose from are restricted even more than just by rarity, but also by how old the set is that the cards were released in. My deck is focused around removing my opponent's characters from play every turn. No easy task, but I've devised a few neat tricks to help that strategy along. Check back tomorrow to find out how I do tonight.

Tonight I don't have quite so many truths to share.

Making the right decision is nowhere near as entertaining as making the wrong one. But at least the right decision makes you feel good at the end of the day.

Marvel Universe is heartbeats away from being my favorite set of VS ever released in the 4 years it's been around. A 5 drop Black Panther makes my gaming year!

Moving cross country will likely be good for me, as I'll get to open a new store or buy out an existing store. Either way, I'll be self sufficient once again and my son will reap the rewards some day.

My girlfriend doesn't "feel" loved enough, so I'm saying it here, in my blog that yes, I do love her very much!

That's all for now. I'm salivating over my first 2 boxes of MUN to come in!

No comments: