Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Cracked some packs today...


..well cracked open a lot of packs today. 3.5 boxes worth. First pack was a Black Panther 5 drop, followed by one of my best friends handing me the black Panther he opened in HIS first pack, too. 1 pack in and I already had 2 Black Panthers! I initially bought 2 boxes and 7 packs. The first 7 packs contained Captain America 6 drop, Cap's Shield, Avengers Reassembled and some more neat stuff. After the first 2 boxes had whet my whistle, I went back for another box and 5 more packs. then a pack of sleeves and 3 more packs settled my craving since I can't go broke buying cards any more. My overall haul was impressive and left me able to trade pretty well and pretty quickly with my buds to be able to build an inferior version of the Avengers deck that I'll be running a form of at worlds.

This is officially my favorite set of VS ever released to date! Asgard is GROSS in this deck! Losing the Argument and Avengers Reassembled make Rallying a piece of cake most of the time.

I won't buy more boxes before worlds, though I will play in some drafts and such when possible. Saturday in Stockton ought to be fun, I just can't go over board with my spending.

As for Monday Night's tournament, I went a disappointing 2 wins and 2 loses, losing to a bad decision on turn 5 that led to a worse position on turn 6. Yeah, nothing good at all. Oh well, Saturday ought to be better :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be picking up my first two boxes tonight. Can you taste that glee???